Today is Daffodil Day!
Today is also the day of my last radiation treatment for Breast Cancer!
The Canadian Cancer Society created Daffodil Month as a public awareness and fundraising effort. The advertising this month has clearly been focused on encouraging individuals to visibly show their support for persons living with cancer by purchasing and wearing a daffodil pin. Take a look around, and clearly the campaign is a success with many people wearing pins. This token of support warms my heart as this month I have made my near-daily way to the Cancer Clinic and have seen many people suffering from this terrible disease.
Did you know:
- the most common cancers are prostate, breast, colorectal and lung?
- that 1 in 9 women will receive a diagnosis of breast cancer in their lifetime? 64 women are diagnosed in Canada every single day....and every day 14 women die....every day! 84,000 women were diagnosed with this disease in 2011, and 35,000 of those same women are projected to die of cancer.
The support from family and friends that I have received during the last four months has been "beyond belief!" and I am truly grateful. The flowers, meals, e-mails and cards, short and long discussions, coffee and lunch chats, sharing of stories and knowledge of cures, caring hugs and prayers.... I am privileged.
THANK YOU!

1 comment:
Don't know how I missed it, but you are again up and running with your blog, and have been for some time. Just caught up with all your posts. Good to have you back.
Post a Comment