Although I think of my mother most days, Mother's Day always brings more focused thoughts. And as I get older, my thoughts tend to shift a bit.
When I was a child, I truly thought my mother knew everything, had every situation under control (probably she did!) and did everything right....and I loved her dearly! I believe that she tried to get it right every time, however when you live with someone and grow up, you know that she did most of the time, just not every time!
And then I had children of my own! They were a treasure and I tried to "get it right every time" as well....and well...I am still trying! I have learned from her strengths and her weaknesses - both are a gift!
My mother passed away four years ago and in those four years I have become Nana to five (and a half) little people. I pray that I can be the type of mom that can continue to model to my own daughters how to be a "best mom" for their children. How dearly I love them all.....so I just had to head to Saskatchewan this weekend to check in on the newest mom....
(Columbine flower from Saskatchewan)
..and she is doing awesome. She has greatly improved her cooking skills in the recent months....
...and enjoyed many family moments! (oh, the stories she can tell)
We had a wonderful weekend... with the new mom, the littlest "mommy!", and the "soon to be a new mommy!"
Truly I am blessed beyond measure.
And then there was the usual drinking tea and catching up on the latest....with "potty training" taking place....
..catching up on the routine chores....
.. and celebrating the work that is in process.....
(six weeks ago)
(now!)
How privileged I feel to be a part of my children and grandchildren's lives. I pray that I can model how to "do right" and that when things are not as they should be or we would like, that I can humbly "correct" and show God's love and trust in His leading.
Happy Mothers Day! and thank you for the awesome weekend of celebration!


5 comments:
Thanks for that wonderful meditation on the meaning of doing motherhood right! I enjoyed peeking in on the girls and the new home.........will be checking for updates soon.
I'm so glad you are blogging again. I enjoyed this post so much. I am glad you had such a great Mother's Day!!
I'm sure that this Mother's Day has been most meaningful as you encountered a year of new challenges. May God continue to be your Rock and allow you to enjoy the richness of being a godly Mother.
I just read through your posts from the last while. Glad to have you back in 'blogdom'! It sounds like you had the best Mother's Day this year.
So glad you are blogging again...just caught up and loved this post. I so agree...we are so privilege to be a part of our children and grandchildren's lives.....we are so blessed indeed!
Post a Comment